Serve in aHighball (max 10oz/300ml)
Stirrer (spoon, wooden lolly stick or stick cut from sugar cane)
How to make:
1. Cut lime in half (from pole to pole) and slice on half into 3-4mm thick half-moon shaped segments and drop into the base of a robust rocks glass.
2. Add sweetener and MUDDLE.
3. If using cubed ice straight from the freezer, add chilled water (or optionally add fruit of your choice) and MUDDLE some more. If using watery ice then omit water.
4. When sure muddling has fully extracted fruit juice, POUR the muddled fruit and sweetener into serving glass (preferably a 30cl / 10oz hi-ball glass).
5. POUR cachaça (stored in the freezer) into the rocks glass (the glass used to muddle) and swirl to rinse glass before pouring cachaça into serving glass. STIR to mix with other ingredients.
6. If using cubed ice, crack (rather than crush) four to five large ice cubes and drop into serving glass. STIR before topping with more ice and serve with a stirrer (but no straws).
Read about cocktail measures and measuring.
Difford’s Guide to Cocktails Book 17th Edition
Perhaps the world's biggest cocktail book! Certainly, our biggest yet, 624 pages, 6cm (2.3inch) thick and weighing 2.25kg (5lb). Our Seventeenth EditionBuy it here
The Easy Jigger® is a measure designed for use when making cocktails, primarily in the home but also by professional bartenders. It has a unique designBuy it here
Forget those Caipirinhas blighted by crunchy undissolved sugar crystals, this version is sugar-free.
Adapted from the classic Caipirinha by yours truly in January 2019.
Caipirinha cocktail - history, flavours, and how to make