Χώρα παραγωγής: Netherlands
Galliano Ristretto is made in six phases.
1. First the coffee beans are macerated in hydro-alcoholic solution (neutral alcohol and water) at 60% abv in a bain-marie and held at a temperature of 50-60°C for 10-12 hours. The beans are then left to sit in the solution overnight.
2. The next day, the coffee bean maceration is pressed using a hydraulic press to separate the solids from the liquid coffee tincture.
3. The solids from step two, the first pressing are macerated in a fresh hydro-alcoholic solution to repeat step one.
4. Step two is repeated with a second pressing, resulting in a second liquid coffee tincture.
5. The two coffee tinctures from steps three and four are rested for 15 days in a stainless steel tank to allow the flavours to marry and develop. During this period vegetable fibres in the tincture fall to the bottom of the tank allowing further clarification. This resting period crucially is important in the successful production of the liqueur.
6. The coffee tinctures are blended with water and sugar (380 grams sugar per litre) to make the finished liqueur. The first five steps of this process and initial blending take place at Maraschi & Quirici in Chieri, Italy with the final blending and bottling taking place at Bols facility in Zoetermeer, Holland. It should be noted that the rich colour of the finished liqueur is 100% natural, coming solely from the infusion coffee beans.
Galliano Ristretto was launched in 2009.
Η γευσιγνωσία έγινε στις 10/03/2012
Clear, virtually opaque, extremely dark brown.
Bitter chocolate and thick espresso coffee with burnt toast and liquorice.
Full-flavoured, close to that of a strong caffè corretto with dark chocolate covered heavily roasted coffee beans.
Oily espresso with lingering peppermint-like freshness.