Proeflokaal in de Olofspoort

Διεύθυνση: 13 Nieuwebrugsteeg, Amsterdam, 1012 AG , Netherlands
Τηλέφωνο: +31 (0)20 531 1707
Website: View bar's website
Ώρες λειτουργίας: Wed-Thu 4pm-midnight, Fri-Sat 4pm-1am, Sun 3pm-10pm
Είσοδος: Ελεύθερη
Είδος: Tasting House
Προτείνεται για: Spirits
Εύρος τιμών: Λογικές τιμές

Φωτογραφίες: diffordsguide.com

Review last reviewed on 2011-11-16

This homely 'brown café' stands on the site of one of the earliest of Amsterdam's stone city gates, the Sint Olofspoort which was constructed in 1341. In 1440 the Olof's Chapel was built close to the gate and both gate and chapel (which still stands) are named after Saint Olof, the Norwegian saint of a number of cities including Oslo. They were named as a tribute to the Norwegian seafarers who transported the trees from Norway used as foundation supports for the city of Amsterdam.

The gate fell into disuse and in 1618 it was demolished and the current housing this bar constructed, originally as a sugarbread bakery - evidenced by the original gable stone above the bar's door, inscribed In de Lompen, 'lomp' being what sugarbread was called at the time.

In later years the ground floor of the building was connected to the house behind, itself constructed in 1602. In 1988, Riny Bouwman-Reiken transformed the two rooms into this very traditional bar and tasting house. She is still behind the bar most nights, offering 70 genevers and 100 different liqueurs, including the very special Olofs poort. (Ask her to sing.)

×
  • Καλωσηρθατε στο
  • Τα παντα για τον κοσμο του ποτου, των bar και των cocktail
  • Παρακαλουμε επιβεβαιωστε πως ειστε ανω των 21 ετων και συμπληρωστε το email σας
  • Οχι ευχαριστω, θελω να προχωρησω στο diffordsguide.com
CSS revision 42f8d9b