Words by: Simon Difford
We are seeking more cocktail recipes using Suze for this website and a Suze cocktail book we’ll be publishing early in 2018.
The kind of drinks we are after:
• Cocktails in the form of a long or short drink - not shots.
• With not more than 7 ingredients (solid garnishes and citrus zest twists do not count as ingredients).
• Ingredients should be widely available products, fruit and other ingredients commonly found in bars around the world. Please avoid use of "homemade" ingredients.
• Recipes must contain a minimum of 10ml (1/3oz) of Suze and preferably a minimum of 15ml (1/2oz) - these recipes are for a Suze cocktail book after all! We may adapt or slightly vary your recipe to suit our website/book but we will endeavour to stay faithful to your original cocktail and will always credit you.
• The simpler to make the better! The classic cocktails which have endured tend to use few ingredients and be simple and quick to make. We are looking for contemporary classics that will similarly endure.
• Recipes entered must be your original creation.
• Recipes may be expressed in ounces (US) or millimetres with the use of 'dashes' and/or 'drops' limited to bitters, hot pepper sauce and suchlike. Fruit juice quantities must also be stipulated, e.g. "squeeze of lime" is unacceptable.
• Drinks may be served hot, straight-up, or over cubed, cracked or crushed ice.
• Garnishes must be edible but may be mounted on sticks, skewers, straws, forks or other such common bar accessories. Use of edible fruits, herbs, leaves and spices may include sprigs, peels, barks, fruit shells etc. Any flowers and petals used must be of an edible variety.
• Please use a name for your cocktail that is catchy and sounds good when ordered across a bar (bar call). Please do not use names including rude, lewd, sexual words, or words associated with narcotics or motor vehicles.