Visitors welcome throughout the year
+44 (0)1631 572 004
This Western Highlands single malt whisky distillery was founded in 1794 by Hugh Stevenson with his brother John. One of the earliest, Oban (Gaelic for Little Bay) predates the west coast town that grew up around it so today the distillery sits in the middle town at the corner of George and Stafford Streets.
The small stills retain the same lantern shape as the 1794 originals. When the distillery was enlarged in the 1890’s, relics of stone-age culture were found in the Creag’ Bharrain cliffs that tower behind the distillery. Oban is part of the ‘Classic Malts of Scotland’ range.