Visitors welcome throughout the year
+33(0)5 58 44 84 35
Owned by the Garreau family since 1919, Château Garreau lies in the heart of the Bas Armagnac region and produces eaux-de-vie from Baco, Ugni Blanc and Folle Blanche grape varieties. The wines from each are distilled separately, blended and then matured in oak casks in Château’s underground cellars.
Charles Garreau (1909-1985) an agricultural engineer maintained and developed the Domaine with the help of his children. The third and fourth generations are continue the family traditions and look after the 33 hectares of vineyards. The estate includes the Gayrosse and Brameloup farms, which are among the oldest in the area, with the 17th century barn which houses the vine grower’s museum. Other buildings such as the cellars and stables were built in the 19th century under Napoleon III by Prince Soukovo Kabylin of Russia, the Château’s previous owner who was appointed to the Russian court for Armagnac.