Closed & redeveloped
Not generally accessible
'North of Scotland' does not describe whisky from a general region but was the name of a grain whisky distillery that used to lie close to the Highland town of Alloa, to the north of Edinburgh. It was founded in 1958 by George Christie who built his distillery in converted brewery buildings dating back to 1786.
For the first couple of years the North of Scotland Distillery produced both grain whisky and a single malt but switched to only producing grain whisky for blending. The distillery closed in 1980 and the equipment was dismantled and sold off in 1993.