Not generally accessible
+44 (0)1993 890 800
Eagle Maltings ,
Unit 10-12 Eagle Industrial Estate ,
The Brakspear Brewery’s origins date back to 1711, when W.H. Brakspear bought a brewery on Bell Street, Henley. In 1812 the brewery moved to a Thames-side site on New Street where it remained until 2002 when the brewery closed and the site was sold for development.
Wychwood Brewery bought the rights Brakspear’s brand names and the beers were brewed at Burtonwood Brewery in Cheshire while building works to expand the Wychwood brewery to incorporate a new Brakspear brew house and fermenting room commenced. The new brew house incorporates original Brakspear equipment from Henley, including six Double Drop vessels.
Production of Brakspear branded beers transferred to Wychwood in July 2004.