Pernod Ricard Group
Not generally accessible
+44 (0)1343 554 139
Longmorn is named after a holy man called Morgan whose chapel once occupied the site on which the distillery was built in 1894-95 by John Duff. Ownership was taken over in 1897 by James R. Grant after Duff was forced into bankruptcy during the construction of the neighbouring Benriach distillery (known contemporaneously as 'Longmorn II'). Longmorn-Glenlivet Distillers merged with Glenlivet and Glen Grant in 1970 before the Seagram takeover in 1978.
Like so many products that were once part of the Seagram stable, Longmorn has been benefitting from increased investment by its more recent owners Pernod Ricard.