Angus Dundee Distillers Plc
1.5 million litres per year
Políticas del visitante:
Por lo general no se puede acceder
+44(0)1356 622 217
Glencadam, the name of which means ‘the glen of the wild goose’, is a Highland single malt whisky distillery which was established in 1825. Its malts form the base of the Cream Of The Barley blend and since 2005 also available an office distillery released single malt.
1825 – Founded by George Cooper and built by Messrs Thomas & Ruxton.
1827 – Sold to David Scott
1837 – Mothballed
1852 – Acquired by Alexander Milne Thompson.
1857 – Incorporated as Glencadam Distillery Company Ltd.
1891 – Acquired by the Glasgow blending company, Gilmore Thomson & Company.
1954 – Sold to Hiram Walker for £83,400.
1959 – Two new stills installed and George Ballantine & Sons Ltd named as licensee.
1987 – Hiram Walker acquired by Allied Lyons which transfers ownership of the distillery to its Allied Distillers division.
2000 – Mothballed by Allied Distillers, due to over-production and a lack of cooling water.
2003 – Acquired and reopened by Angus Dundee Distillers Plc, a London firm of whisky blenders.
2005 – First official distillery bottling released by Angus Dundee Distillers.
2007 – A large blending plant installed.