By Growing Together
By Jose Luis Leon
Traceability is a concept that goes beyond just putting a name and a face on a product. For us, it is a two-way path, which allows us both actors, producers and bartenders: to grow, learn, create, develop, imagine and definitely profit.
Working with the MartĂnez Galicia family, from the town of San Gregorio Atlapulco in the south of Mexico City, we propose the development of a cooperative system that allows us to improve the quality of our raw material, train and raise awareness amongst our staff regarding sustainable, ecological and responsible practices, and develop ideas that help us create better experiences for our customers. In addition, this commitment allows us to have a direct channel for the reuse of our organic waste, which urges us to minimize the amount we generate, and ensures the optimal reuse of final organic waste through a composting system.
The basis of this commitment is a fair price scheme that allows the producer to receive the highest market price for the products that they grow, and that we need for our operation. The increase in real terms only superficially increases the final sale price, but the profit it generates in the chain is much higher.
We propose to implement this project immediately in 4 bars, but it also has viable short-term scalability, made possible by a distribution center that will allow us to benefit many more bars and families in the region.
Del Campo Rickey
Glass: Highball Glass - Nude Mirage
Garnish: 4 mint springs, 2 basil springs, 2 coriander leaves, 3 rosemary sticks, and 2 thyme flowers. The idea is to full the top of the glass with fresh herbs.
Method: Procedure for Del Campo Milk Punch
- In a jar, mix 300 ml of Vodka Ketel One, 75 ml of lime juice and 50 ml of Herb syrup, mix all together.
- Add 70 ml of whole milk.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Filter using a coffee filter.
- Once the liquid is filter, filter again using a new coffee filter.
- Put in a bottle, label it, and keep it on fridge.
Yield: 400 ml.
Procedure for Herb Syrup:
- Blanch the herbs. So bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile put some ice cubes in a medium bowl and fill with water for an ice bath.
- Put in all the fresh herbs in a fine strainer, according with the size of the pot, immerse everything in the boiling water for 15 seconds.
- Remove from the water and immediately submerge in the ice bath for 1 minute.
- Remove from the ice bath, and put in a blender.
- Add the 2:1 simple syrup to the blender.
- Blend in a high speed for 1 minute.
- Strain using a cheesecloth.
- Put in a bottle with a label and keep in refrigeration until you need it.
For the cocktail:
- Full a nude mirage glass with cubed ice.
- Serve 80 ml of cold Sparkling water.
- Serve 80 ml of Del Campo Milk punch.
- Remove slowly and being careful.
- Put a steel straw.
300 ml Ketel One Family Made Vodka
75 ml Fresh lime juice
50 ml Herbs Syrup (prep)
70 ml Whole milk.
500 ml Simple Syrup 2:1
40 gr fresh mint
30 gr fresh basil
30 gr fresh coriander
20 gr fresh rosemary
3 gr black peppercorn