Dupuy & Bache-Gabrielsen S.A.
Visitor Policy: Not generally accessible
Tel: +33 5 4532 0745
Established in 1852 and head-quartered in the centre of the town of Cognac, this cognac firm remains 100% owned by the Bache-Gabrielsen family.
Frenchman Auguste Dupuy established his eponymously named firm in 1852 but died a few years later, leaving the business to his nephew Edmond. In 1905, Dupuy was purchased by two Norwegians, Peter Rustad and Thomas Bache-Gabrielsen. After Mr Rustad's death, Thomas became the sole owner and renamed the house Bache-Gabrielsen but continued selling cognac under the Dupuy brand name.
Thomas managed the firm with the help of his eldest son René who following his father’s death in 1942 continued to run the business for nearly 50 years. The firm is now headed by René's eldest son, Christian Bache-Gabrielsen, who joined in 1968. Hervé Bache-Gabrielsen, Christian's eldest son represents the fourth generation.
Jean-Philippe Bergier is the longstanding Cellar-Master.