Société Européenne de Participations Industriel
Not generally accessible
+33 3 2684 4350
4 Boulevard Henri Vasnier,
Founded in 1851 by Charles-Camille Heidsieck, Charles Heidsieck was the last of the three Heidsieck houses to launch. All three Heidsieck champagne houses (Monopole, Piper and Charles) originated from Heidsieck & Co (now named Heidsieck & Monopole), established in 1785 by Florens-Louis Heidsieck.
Despite his German sounding name, Charles-Camille Heidsieck was French, born in Rheims in 1822. After launching his eponymous champagne brand his extensive travelling and charm earned him the nickname ‘Champagne Charlie’ and he became the topic of music hall songs of the time.