Now Gin has it's own geek's bible, diffordsguide Gin. Alan Jenkins, Observer Food Monthly
In diffordsguide Gin you'll find a detailed history of the rollercoaster ride gin has taken over the centuries, a full explanation of gin styles and production methods, in-depth reports on many distilleries and production and tasting notes on nearly 175 different gins. It is a true celebration of what is arguably the world's most dynamic and fashionable spirit.
diffordsguide Gin includes:
- A wealth of encyclopaedic information for keen amateurs and drinks professionals alike
- A spotlight on the craft gin distilling movement as well as larger, more established gin producers
- Interviews and quotes from some of the most well-known characters in the world of gin
- Contrasting detail of cutting-edge production technologies with centuries-old techniques and traditions
- A call for London Dry Gin to be recognised as a protected appellation that acknowledges the city's role in today's drinking culture