Política de visitas:
+44 (0)1408 623 003
One of the most northerly distilleries in Scotland, Clynelish (Pronounced ‘Kline-leesh’) was founded in 1819. The name comes from the Gaelic for ‘enclosed pasture’ and indeed the original distillery was built on farmland to employ the Duke of Sutherland’s resettled tenants. The present Clynelish Distillery was built 1967-68 with the whisky produced by the original distillery renamed Brora until its closure in 1983.
In January 2014, Diageo, the distillery's owner, announced plans for a £30 million expansion to double capacity at Clynelish.