Roma Bar Show
When: Noon-9pm Monday 30th & Tuesday 31st May 2022
Where: Palazzo dei Congressi of the EUR (Piazza John Kennedy, 1), Rome, Italy
An international event entirely dedicated to the world of beverages and cocktails with a full program of activities (tastings, masterclasses and talks, sideshow and off-trade events dedicated to the trade and consumers) that will involve visitors and the entire city of Rome for
the duration of the event.
Giuseppe Gallo, the co-founder: "We are proud to be able to present again the largest International Bar Show in Italy, and to support the beverage and hospitality industry, which has suffered more than others in this recent crisis."
Sadly cancelled due to COVID 19.
2019 show (1st year)
The hotly-anticipated first edition of the Roma Bar Show kicked off at the Palazzo Dei Congressi between 23rd-24th September 2019, welcoming over 10,000 visitors, 200 exhibitors, and 700 brands.
The show was exclusive to the food and beverage industry and invited professionals from across the globe and in support of the show, a number of the best bars in Rome also hosted events, brand activations and guest bartending shifts.
Roma Bar Show co-founder, Giuseppe Gallo, said, "Italy was the only country that still didn't have an international bar show, we hope through RBS, to finally give back to our homeland, a global event recognised around the world, that celebrates the art of bartending in the country where some of the most influential figures of the hospitality industry were born, such as Salvatore Calabrese, Francesco Lanfranconi and Simone Caporale."
The Roma Bar Show welcomed international speakers from across the globe during the two-day event. Here are the highlights:
- Cocktail trends and innovation with Simone Caporale and Marian Beke.
- "Sugar Cane" with Ian Burrell and Luca Gargano.
- American Cocktail Culture with Toby Cecchini and Francesco Lafranconi.
- Talk about "Meehan's Bartender Manual" with Jim Meehan and Gian Paolo Di Pierro.
- Hotel bars in the 21st century with Pietro Collina from NoMad NYC, Davide Segat from the London Edition and Nidal Ramini, head of brand advocacy at Brown-Forman.
- The Italian grand finale of The Vero Bartender.
- The finish line of La Classica 2019, Martini Racing Ciclismo's cycling challenge which saw 50 bartenders ride 300km over three days.
From masterclasses and seminars to tastings and cocktail competitions, guests explored an inspiring line-up of events as well as a selection of street food, cocktails, coffee and beer on offer. The event showcased 28 tasting rooms, 8 academy labs, 10 principal seminars and 2 cocktail competition finals.
Themed areas included the Gin Area bringing together a diverse array of gin brands. Mexico Village showcased agave spirits, including tequila and mezcal. Guests also delved into the Mexican-style cocktail bar which hosted guest bartenders from around the world. Finally, to top off the show, the Terrazza del Palazzo dei Congressi offered a spectacular view of the city.