1. About us
Odd Firm of Sin Ltd is a UK based publisher, registered in England and Wales, company number 03365966. We publish this website, diffordsguide.com, and a range of books.
2. Information we collect about you
We may collect, use and store different kinds of information about you when you register for our newsletter and / or an account, submit your information to join event guest lists or enter cocktail competitions, submit a job or product listing, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name and date of birth.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone number.
- Transaction Data includes details about products and services you have purchased from us such as a job advert or product listing.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location.
- Profile Data includes your preferences such as whether you prefer to receive our trade or consumer newsletter and your favourite cocktails.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving our newsletter.
3. How we collect your data
We collect different information about you in a number of ways:
Information you give us
When you create an account on our website, sign up to our newsletter, enter cocktail competitions, sign up to event guest lists or order a product or service, we will store the personal information you give to us such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number.
Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
4. How may we use your information
We use the personal information that you directly provide to us for the following purposes:
- To send you our email newsletter
- To allow you to log into your personal diffordsguide.com account
We use non-personally identifiable information (such as links you click on) to improve our site. We may aggregate parts of this data and share this information in an anonymous form with our third-party partners. This data will not contain any personally identifiable information.
5. Disclosure of your details to third-parties
There are certain circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information to third-parties. These are as follows:
- To our third-party partners who are running events or cocktail competitions, to enable them to administer their event guest list or competition. We require all third-parties to respect the privacy of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law and we protect you by requiring them to formerly contract accordingly. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes unless you have expressly opted in to receive information from them and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
We do not sell personal details to third-parties for any purpose.
6. Security of your personal information
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible. Third-parties will also be subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will not transfer, process or store your data anywhere that is outside of the European Economic Area, unless we have a contractual agreement in place that is of an equivalent standard to GDPR.
7. Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
8. Where we store your information
We store your information on servers in the UK and Ireland.
9. How to request or delete the information we store about you
If you would like to request the information we store about you, or to have your information deleted, please email us at email@example.com
10. Links to other sites
Difford's Guide may create links allowing you to access third-party sites such as Amazon in order to purchase products. Please read those sites' individual privacy policies to see how they use your data.
11. Contact details and further information
Please also contact us if you have any questions about the information we hold about you, or to delete or change your contact preferences with us:
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us:
Odd Firm of Sin Ltd
Sherbourne Valley, Hastings Road