The Lemaire family can trace its roots in the champagne industry back the latter part of the 19th century when Desire Lemaire purchased land in Cru Hautvilliers in the heart of champagne. His grandson, Roger Constant Lemaire, went on to establish the champagne house in 1945 when he doubled the size of the family's estate and moved the family home and headquarters to Villers-sous-Châtillon.
Lemaire's daughter, Brigitte, married Gilles Tournant, a winemaker and together they continue the Lemaire family tradition. They hold 12 hectares of vineyards in the Marne Valley, Cumières, Hautvillers, Reuil, Binson-Orquigny and Troissy et Leuvrigny growing Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier. Their vines are protected with marine algae and the grapes are harvested by hand. Vinification uses non malo-lactic fermentation methods.