Visitors welcome throughout the year
+351 22 374 6660
Avenida Diogo Leite 344,
Vila Nova de Gaia,
Founded in 1859 by António Alves Cálem, Porto Cálem was originally exported to Brazil in exchange for exotic woods, shipped by the company’s own fleet – commemorated by the caravel ship depicted on Porto Cálem’s logo. The port house remained family owned for four generations but since 1998 has been part of Sogevinus SGPS, S.A., a group comprising a number of companies interested in the production and marketing of Port and D.O.C. Douro Wines.