Words by: Karen Fick
Please support Benevolent, our industries charity, which will be auctioning a Limited Edition GIN 1495 set in aid of members of the UK drinks industry facing serious medical or financial hardship.
The Benevolent is a trade charity for people who are working, or have worked, in the drinks industry in any role and in any sector. This includes the production, distribution, marketing, import, export or retail sales of drinks brands in both the on trade and off trade of the UK market.
EWG Spirits & Wine, one of the world's leading specialists in the creation of grape based spirits, has donated a highly coveted Limited Edition GIN 1495 set, to be auctioned by The Gin Guild.
The Limited Edition GIN 1495 set consists of the two variants; Verbātim, the original 1495 recipe and Interprětātǐon, the modern interpretation, in a hand-made wooden box. Verbātim is created from one of the oldest recorded gin recipes dating back to 1495 and unearthed by Philip Duff in an out-of-print Dutch language cookbook. The set is a highly innovative concept, as well as being an important record in the evolution of gin from a medicinal product to a recreational spirit.
EWG are only releasing 100 sets of this extraordinary and rare historical recreation. The majority of sets are destined for museums, established liquor collections and archives therefore will not be for sale to the general public. EWG's generous provision of one set for The Benevolent allows everyone who is a serious collector or has an interest in the genre to have the opportunity to bid to obtain this rare and exceptional distillation.
Bids must be made to the Gin Guild only via the Gin Guild's dedicated auction email address 1495GINBID@gmail.com. They must contain bids (in sterling) and with a name and a contact telephone number. The highest bidder received by 1st December 2014 (subject to a minimum reserve), will be contacted by the Guild and payment taken by visa card. In the event of bidder default, or failure to purchase, the Gin Guild will revert to the next highest bidder.
For more information about the Limited Edition GIN 1495 set, please visit www.gin1495.com
Founded in 1886, The Benevolent's mission is to help colleagues from the trade facing serious medical or financial hardship or any other workplace or home difficulties. The difficulties might include serious illness, disability, issues with debt or a family crisis such as a seriously ill partner or child.
So if you or your current or previous employer's business deals primarily with drinks brands, The Benevolent can provide you with a wide range of services including financial and emotional support as well as practical advice. Although The Benevolent works in partnership with the drinks industry, as well as other charitable or care related organisations, its services are completely confidential.
• Ongoing and one-off emergency grants to alleviate financial hardship relating to illness, life changing disability, unemployment and family crisis.
• Debt Advice including providing practical support and advice, grants for business related bankruptcy and referral to relevant agencies and support networks.
• TV licenses and a discretionary Christmas grant for individuals living on limited incomes such as states pensions or disability allowance.
• The provision of practical, emotional and financial support during times of family crisis such as a loved one becoming seriously ill or passing away.
• Grants for funeral expenses in exceptional cases and advice on accessing government support.
• Adaptations to the home, including wet rooms, wheelchair ramps and stair lifts for the elderly, seriously ill or disabled.
• Funding towards the purchase of mobility aids including electric wheelchairs, Zimmer frames and specialised furniture.
• Practical support to navigate complexities of accessing benefits and support from the Government or specialist charities.
• Advice on emotional wellbeing and stress in the workplace or home.
• Financial contribution towards palliative holidays for members of the trade facing life changing or terminal illness.
To access support or find out more about your trade charity:
• Visit www.thebenevolent.org.uk
• Call 0207 089 3888
• Email email@example.com