Kilchoman Distillery Ltd


More about Kilchoman Distillery Ltd

Status Operational
Established: 2005
Owner: Privately owned
Capacity: 90,000 to 100,000 litres
Visitor Policy: Visitors welcome throughout the year
Tel: +44 (0)1496 850 011
Kilchoman (pronounced ‘Kilh-O-Man) is farm-based distillery, growing its own barley and with its own floor maltings. The first new distillery built on Islay for 125 years, production started at what is one of the smallest and the most westerly distilleries in Scotland in late 2005.


Rockside Farm
Rockside Farm, Bruichladdich
Isle of Islay
PA49 7UT
Argyll, Scotland
United Kingdom

Some 30% of the spirit is distilled from estate-grown barley malted at the distillery and the balance comes from the Port Ellen Maltings on the island. The two malts are kept separate and Kilchoman will release two different expressions of single malt. The majority of maturation (80%) is in first re-fill bourbon casks from Buffalo Trace and the remaining 20% in fresh Oloroso sherry butts.

Welcome to Difford's Guide

All editorial and photography on is copyright protected

© Odd Firm of Sin 2023