Visitors welcome throughout the year
+44 (0)1807 500 257
Pronounced ‘Glen-Far-Clas’, this is one of the few remaining truly family owned and run distilleries in Scotland. The distillery was first licensed in 1836 by tenant farmer Robert Hay, although evidence suggests that distilling took place on the farm some years earlier.
The Glenfarclas Distillery opened its Visitor Centre in 1973, one of the first distilleries to do so. In addition to the regular tour, a Connoisseurs Tour is offered in Fridays during summer months.