The Classic Cocktail Competition from Hi-Spirits
Words by Hi-Spirits
The Classic Cocktail Competition from Hi-Spirits is back, inviting UK bartenders to submit their twist on a classic cocktail from An Anthology of 12 Classic Cocktails by Jake Burger to win an all-expenses paid trip to Milan.
The Classic Cocktail Competition asks bartenders to create a twist inspired by their local hospitality scene. Competitors are able to use any of the nine products from the Fratelli Branca portfolio in their drink creation to make their twist on a classic, which include; Antica Formula, Punt e Mes, Carpano Vermouths and Carpano Bitter, Caffe Borghetti coffee liqueur, Fernet-Branca and BrancaMenta.
Successful entrants will make it through to the regional finals, where competitors will make their twist on a classic then be challenged to make a cocktail on the spot, chosen by the judges from An Anthology of 12 Classic Cocktails. Judges will be marking on taste, technical ability, presentation, back-story and knowledge of both the brand and cocktail. All finalists will receive a print copy of the book.
The four regionals winners from across the UK will enjoy an all-expenses paid trip to Milan, the home of the Fernet-Branca distillery and Branca Brands, as well as their winning cocktails served at the 2022 Fernet-Branca BarBack Games taking place in London later this year.
Competitors can enter their twist recipe at the competition website from the 1st to 21st August, successful entries will go through to one of four regional finals in September, in the following cities: London; West (hosted in Cardiff); Midlands (hosted in Leicester); North (hosted in Leeds). Expenses for those travelling to the city heats will be paid for.
T's & C's
- Applicants can read a digital copy of 'An Anthology of 12 Classic Cocktails' : on the HI-Spirits website.
- Entrants can upload their cocktail recipe on the competition website here.
- All entries must include a minimum of 20ml of any product from the Fratelli Branca portfolio.
- All entries must be made with ingredients that can be purchased online or in-store.
- Regional finalists are required to list their twisted classic cocktail on their menu, in their venue, for a minimum of four weeks.
Join the Discussion
... comment(s) for The Classic Cocktail Competition from Hi-Spirits
You must log in to your account to make a comment.