Política de visitas:
Visitação aberta o ano todo
Dallas Dhu Distillery (Historic Scotland),
Built 1898-9 on the estate of Alexander Edward of Sanquhar by a Glasgow based whisky-blending company, Wright and Grieg Ltd, Dallas Dhu Distillery lies just south of Forres. The location was chosen due to plentiful supply of water from the Altyre Burn and locally available barley. The site was served by the long since closed railway from Forres to Aviemore.
Dallas Dhu was silent from 1929 to 1936 and just three years after it reopened still-house burned down. It was rebuilt and opened in 1947 just in time to be closed once more during World War Two. After investment and good years during the 1960s and 1970s by the early 1980s over production in the industry threatened the future of Dallas Dhu and it finally closed in 1983.
Historic Scotland took over the distillery and opened it as a non-producing museum in 1988.