Make 100s of cocktails at home just using things from your pantry, a 10 Bottle Bar + your favourite base spirit: vodka, gin, whiskey, rum, brandy etc...
Key Pantry Ingredients
These easily available Key Pantry Ingredients are frequently used in cocktails and are generally good ingredients to carry in any well-stocked kitchen. Cocktails Made Easy assumes you have the following:
1. Limes, 2. Lemons, 3. Oranges, 4. Mint, 5. Coffee, 6. Salt, 7. Eggs (egg white), 8. Soda water/club soda/sparkling water, 9. Honey syrup, 10. Agave syrup, 11. Single cream and 12. Maraschino Cherries.
Ice is the most important ingredient in most cocktails and making cocktails requires lots of ice so buying bagged ice is best for making lots of cocktails but for single cocktails you can make your own ice using ice cube trays.
When buying bagged ice, try to avoid the hollow tubular and thin slithers of ice. Instead, look for large, solid cubes of ice, ideally 25mm/inch square. Large silicon ice cube trays are the easiest way to make good ice at home. When filling these trays, ideally use filtered water to avoid the taste of chlorine in tap water.
10 Bottle Bar
The more of these 10 bottles you have, the more cocktails you can make but we arranged these 10 in order of priority according to the numbers of cocktails they are used in:
- Monin Pure Cane [sugar syrup]
- Martini Rosso [sweet vermouth]
- Martini Extra Dry [dry vermouth]
- Angostura Aromatic [classic bitters]
- Angostura Orange [orange bitters]
- De Kuyper Triple Sec [triple sec liqueur]
- Luxardo [maraschino liqueur]
- Kahlúa [coffee liqueur]
- Campari [Italian red bitter liqueur]
- Monin Grenadine [grenadine syrup]
Using just the above ingredients + a bottle of any of the spirits below you can make as many as 150 different cocktails.
*CLICK ON YOUR SPIRIT TO SEE WHAT COCKTAILS YOU CAN MAKE*