By Eric Bergmann,
Jigger & Spoon, Bar in Stuttgart, Germany
Garnish: Lime zest twist
Method: SHAKE all ingredients with ice and fine strain into chilled glass.
- 60 ml Ron Santiago de Cuba Extra Añejo 11 Year Old
- 20 ml Pure cranberry juice - no added sugar
- 10 ml Lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 20 ml Tonka beans syrup (homemade)*
- *Recipe for the tonka bean syrup:
- 1 litre water
- 1 kg sugar
- 2 roughly cut tonka beans Bring water to boil. Add sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat. Add roughly cut tonka bean to the warm mixture. Let it rest for 4 hours. Strain and chill.
The creator says: "The fruit and sourness of the fresh cranberry juice gives this Cuban classic a modern twist. The smooth finish of the tonka bean polishes the edges of this drink and turns it into a crowd-pleaser."
Santiago de Cuba 8 Year Old
Blended by the 8th generation of Rum Masters from the city of Santiago de Cuba, Ron Santiago de Cuba Añejo 8-year-old is a blend of rums aged in white
Santiago de Cuba Carta Blanca
Santiago de Cuba Carta Blanca is aged in white oak barrels, blended and then returned to cask for a final resting period.
Santiago de Cuba 11 Year Old
A blend of rums aged a minimum of 11 years in a combination of different types of reused white oak casks.
Santiago de Cuba 12 Year Old
A blend of rums aged a minimum of 12 years in a combination of different types of reused white oak casks.