Beefeater Crown Jewel Competition Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") govern your participation in the Promotion as operated by the Promoter and carry the following definitions:
Starting Date means midday (12pm BST) on Wednesday 24th May in the United Kingdom
Closing Date means midday (12pm BST) on Wednesday 14th June 2023 in the United Kingdom and 1pm BST on Wednesday 14th June 2023 in Spain.
Promoters reserve the right to cancel the Promotion early or extend it in time.
Criteria means the Promotion will be judged by a panel of judges with a minimum of one independent and competent judge.
Discerner Drinker means a member of Difford's Guide.
Notification means an email sent to a winner.
Prize means one special edition bottle of Beefeater Crown Jewel with a 9ct solid gold label, embellished with a precious ruby, to celebrate King Charles III's historic Coronation year, valued at £3,000.
Promoter means Odd Firm of Sin Ltd trading as Difford's Guide, an English company with company number 03365966 having its registered office at The Clocktower Sherbourne Valley, Hastings Road, Northiam, East Sussex, England, TN31 6HY and Chivas Brothers International Limited, a Scottish company with company number SC646563 having its registered office at Kilmalid, Stirling Road, Dumbarton, Scotland, G82 2SS.
Promotion means this promotion to win the Prize in order to promote Beefeater Crown Jewel.
Starting Date means midday (12pm BST) on Wednesday 24th May 2023 in the United Kingdom.
Territory means United Kingdom and Spain.
Website means Beefeater Crown Jewel Coronation Cocktail Competition (diffordsguide.com)
Full Terms and Conditions
1. Your entry to the Promotion is governed by these Terms and Conditions. Any entry or claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by entering the Promotion you accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them, including any modifications.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter (eligibility)
4. This Promotion is only open to residents in the Territory and entry must be submitted from within the Territory.
5. To participate in the Promotion you must:
a) be a natural person;
b) be 18 years old or above;
c) be of legal drinking age in your country of residence;
d) be of legal age to enter promotions in your country of residence;
e) be a bartender or Discerner Drinker resident in the Territory; and
f) have access to the internet.
How to enter
6. The Promotion will be advertised to the public by the Promoter on the Promoter's Instagram accounts and via the Website and Difford's Guide newsletter.
8. You must create a cocktail, which includes 25ml of Beefeater Crown Jewel in the recipe using the cocktail builder tool on the website [insert link]. You must only use the ingredients listed in the ingredients list provided.
9. Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
10. The following categories of people are not eligible to enter the Promotion:
a) officers, directors and employees of the Promoter, their parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates;
b) individuals or entities responsible for the development and implementation of this Promotion, and any employees, officers or directors of any corporate body responsible for the same;
c) employees working for manufacturers of alcoholic beverage products; and
d) individuals who are employees of, or members of the immediate family or household of, any of the above categories.
In general terms, no person, or relative of the same, who has been a direct or indirect collaborator of the distribution company, supplier company or the companies responsible for the development and implementation of this Promotion or who for any reason has been involved in the creation or execution of this Promotion, may participate in the Promotion.
11. Only one entry per person is permitted for the Promotion. If more than one entry is received from the same person all such further entries will be disqualified and only the first entry will be accepted as an entry into the Promotion.
12. No entries from agents, third parties, syndicates, organised groups or entries automatically generated by a computer, program, application, script or any automatic method will be accepted.
13. No payment or purchase is necessary to enter or win as this is a free prize competition. A payment or purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
14. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
15. Where the entry instructions require the submission or creation of any material (including but not limited to text, photography or videography) such material shall not include any reference to any person whether visual or written unless you have obtained consent for such use.
16. Due to the Promoter's commitment to promoting a message of responsible drinking, we require all entrants to be sensible, responsible and considerate when interacting with this Promotion. We will monitor any posted submissions to ensure that they comply with the Promoter's corporate social responsibility policies, including ensuring that it does not feature someone who is or appears to be under the legal drinking age or is made by someone under the legal drinking age, encourages illegal, irresponsible or immoderate drinking.
17. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible and will be removed or destroyed by the Promoter.
18. Entries that are in breach of any of the above requirements will be disqualified and removed by the Promoter.
19. Incomplete, illegal, undelivered, stolen, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted regardless of cause, including, for example, because of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind and the Promoter will not accept responsibility for entries that are not received for such reasons. The Promoter cannot accept proof of transmission as proof of receipt.
20. The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with, that are photocopies and not originals or that are incomplete.
21. The Promoter shall be the sole judge of which entries are valid entries and the result of the Promotion is final.
22. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual deemed to be ineligible, found to be attempting to circumvent the Promotion by tampering with the operation of the Promotion, setting up multiple accounts, using multiple identities or acting in a manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the terms and conditions and, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against such fraudulent or invalid entries including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age and other relevant details of an entrant and their entry.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failure or delay to receive an entry where such failure is due to circumstances outside the Promoter's control.
24. By entering the Promotion you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize you may win by doing so. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Promotion and that your entry complies with these Terms and Conditions and reserves the right to withhold an award of the Prize if you do not provide proof or if the evidence shows reason to believe that your entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Selecting the winner
25. The Prize will be awarded in accordance with the Criteria.
26. The winner of the Prize shall be selected by a panel of judges with at least one independent member on Monday 4th July 2023 and contacted by the Promoter via email on Wednesday 5th July 2023. If the winner agrees, the winner's details shall also be published on the Website and the Promoter's chosen social media channels on 7th July 2023.
27. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential winner.
28. To receive the Prize the winner must respond to the Notification within 7 days of the initial notification and shall fulfil all requirements detailed in the Notification within this timeframe. Requirements which may be detailed within the message may include confirmation/proof of the winner's identification and age and details of the address the Prize shall be sent to. If requested by the Promoter, the winner may be required to sign documentation as required by law in their country of residence following receipt of the Notification.
29. For the avoidance of doubt, "initial notification" shall be taken to mean the first day on which the Notification is sent by the Promoter to the winner.
30. If the winner fails to respond to or fails to fulfil the requirements detailed by the Promoter in the Notification within the timeframe specified or they reject the Prize, the winner will be disqualified, the Prize forfeited and an alternative winner selected in the same manner as the original winner. If any prospective winner is found to be ineligible for any reason or non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions, it will result in disqualification and the Prize will be awarded to an alternative winner under the same terms as those set out above.
31. Participants are encouraged to check their email inbox regularly after the Closing Date to ensure that they do not miss the Notification from the Promoter.
32. Once a winner has fulfilled all requirements detailed in the Notification delivery of the Prize shall be organised for that winner.
33. The Promoter must publish or make available information that shows that the Prize has been won. The Promoter may also publish this information on the Promoter's Instagram account. If you object to your surname, county or winning entry being published or made available please advise the Promoter at the time of the Prize notification by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
34. The winner shall receive the Prize.
35. The winner is responsible for assessing its tax implications and paying any tax due or owing on the Prize received.
36. No cash alternative is available for the Prize.
37. The Prize is not assignable or transferable. No transfers or substitutions are permitted except that the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to unavailability or otherwise in their sole and absolute discretion.
38. The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
39. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered about it.
The Prize of this Promotion shall be subject to the tax laws in force
41. Where the entry instructions require the submission of materials to the Promoter, you confirm that as part of your entry you agree to granting the Promoter a permanent, royalty-free licence on the Promoter's standard terms to use all images or other materials submitted to the Promotion by you. Ownership of the intellectual property rights in any images submitted shall vest in you. To be clear about what this means, if you win a Prize you will own the materials you submitted but we will be able to use them (e.g. by sharing them on social media) indefinitely.
The contents, brand and materials that form part of this Promotion are protected by copyright, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and/or other proprietary rights and applicable laws. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, modified, published, transmitted or distributed in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of Promoters and in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
In the event that the participants provide content protected by intellectual or industrial property rights, the participants assign to Promoters, exclusively and free of charge, for the entire world territory and for the entire period of validity of the same, the ownership of all intellectual property rights over the works, which may be exploited by Promoters without limitation of any kind. Likewise, the participant authorizes Promoters to assign and/or license the assigned rights to third parties, on an exclusive or non-exclusive basis.
The participants undertake to hold Promoters harmless against any claim by third parties for damages arising from any of the works submitted or the use made of Promoters in the event of infringement of intellectual or industrial property rights, unfair competition or infringement of the applicable legislation.
42. The Promoter may ask you to participate in publicity relating to the Promotion and the Promoter will ask you to consent to any such publicity, which may include the use of your name and your country of residence on the Website and the Promoter's Facebook and Instagram accounts.
43. As far as is permitted by law, the Promoter assumes no responsibility or liability for any incorrect, incomplete or late entries, or for any faulty, incorrect, erroneous or failed electronic data transmissions, communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of the Promotion causing delays or disruption and any inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the Promoter's websites or any combination of these.
44.Promoters shall not be held responsible for incidents and events of any kind caused by a breakdown in the computer system due to a case of force majeure; nor shall it be held responsible for incidents that have their origin in cases derived from causes such as a breakdown in the telephone, computer or electricity network or caused by natural external agents (atmospheric, climatological) or by a deficient operation of the companies supplying said services.
45.Promoters shall not be held responsible for any errors, incidents or damages that may occur in the development of the Promotion and which are attributable to third party entities that manage it.
46.Promoters are not responsible for the use made of the prize by the winner.
47.Promoters shall not be held responsible for any incident that occurs after the delivery and during the enjoyment of the prize.
48. Promoters are not responsible for any possible losses, delays or any other circumstance attributable to third parties or the Internet that may affect the participation and development of the Promotion.
49.Likewise, Promoters accept no responsibility for any errors that participants may make when providing their personal details.
50.Promoters reserve the right to modify the conditions of the Promotion at any time, provided that there is a justified cause or in the event of force majeure, undertaking to communicate the new legal bases, conditions of the Promotion or the definitive cancellation.
51.Promoters reserve the right to suspend, cancel or postpone its Promotion, in which case it undertakes to make this circumstance known. In the event that the Promotion is temporarily suspended during its operation or postponed on its starting date, the participation systems initially established will be blocked, maintaining, in any case, the participations already obtained by users up to said date at the time of their reactivation.
52.Promoters reserve the right, if it deems it necessary, to leave the prize vacant.
53.Promoters intends the Promotion to be carried out on an equal opportunity basis among the different participants. Therefore, any abusive or fraudulent use of these Terms and Conditions will result in the consequent disqualification of the participant in the Promotion, denying him/her entry and not allowing access to the participant in question.
54.In the event that Promoters or any entity that is professionally linked to the Promotion detects any anomaly or suspects that a participant is impeding the normal development of his/her participation in the Promotion, illegally altering his/her registration or participation by means of any technical or computerised procedure in order to falsify his/her participation, it may unilaterally eliminate the registration of said participant. In this regard, it is important to add that Promoters and the companies involved in the management and production of this Promotion have enabled the necessary technological supports to detect any possible fraudulent, anomalous or fraudulent action that seeks to alter participation in the Promotion with the aim of obtaining a prize or reimbursement in an unlawful manner. Therefore, PR SPAIN reserves the right to remove from the register any participant who evidences or is suspected of irregular behaviour in the sense described, without any notification to the participant.
55.Entries will not be accepted if they do not contain the mandatory data requested or if the data are incorrect. If the personal data is incorrect, incomplete or not up to date, Promoters may not award the prizes to the winners.
56.The participant expressly consents, by the mere fact of participating in this Promotion, that Promoters may use his/her name for the purposes of informing the other users of the winner of the Promotion and without any remuneration being generated in favour of the participant.
57.The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other prize. The prize is non-transferable. The commercialisation and/or sale of the prize is prohibited. In the event that actions aimed at reselling the prize (either directly or indirectly under the guise of the sale or donation of another product) are detected, Promoters will immediately demand the return of the prize, reserving the right to take the appropriate extrajudicial and judicial measures, including those aimed at protecting its corporate image. It may also bring such actions to the attention of the corresponding authorities.
58.When the prize is subject to the manufacturer's or supplier's guarantee, in the event of failure or malfunction of the article, the winners must contact the technical service of the supplier or manufacturer of the article, with Promoters being exonerated from any liability arising from the failure or malfunction of the article.
59.The Promoter and their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors, to the fullest extent permitted by law, assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect damage, loss, or any injury suffered by any entrant (or guest of any entrant where applicable) participating in the Promotion as a result of accepting the Prize or the use or disclosure of an entrant's Information in relation to the Promotion. This includes where they are unable to redeem their Prize due to a local government travel warning or due to any aspect of the Prize being changed. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury as a result of their negligence.
60.In the event of exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control the Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel or amend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to entrants to avoid undue disappointment.
61.The Promoter's selection of the winner is binding in all matters. To ensure fairness and integrity of the Promotion to all entrants, the Promoter will not enter any discussion regarding the running of this Promotion.
62.The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
63.If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
64.The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual issues which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by the laws of the participating country but any dispute as to the meaning of these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Beefeater London Dry Gin
Named after the Yeoman Warders Who've guarded the Tower of London since appointed as personal bodyguards by King Henry VIII in 1485, they remain the Queens's
Beefeater Crown Jewel
Originally launched in 1993 and aimed at the travel retail market, this premium Beefeater expression is named after the Crown Jewels displayed at the Tower
Beefeater 24 Gin
Flavoured with 12 botanicals including rare teas, Beefeater 24 takes its name from the 24-hour period the botanicals are steeped in alcohol prior to distillation.
Beefeater Burrough's Reserve
Launched June 2013, Burrough's Reserve is distilled in a small 19th Century copper pot still and then rested in oak casks for a period prior to bottling.