Join thousands of like-minded professionals and cocktail enthusiasts, receive our weekly newsletters and see pages produced by our community for fellow Discerning Drinkers.
While bartenders in other cities have complicated the Sazerac by using a combination of spirits [us included - Difford's Sazerac recipe], in New Orleans...
Pre-chilled glass in freezer, half a dozen generous atomiser sprays, return to freezer, sazerac rye, 2 dashes regular peychauds, one barrel aged, rest per recipe. Simply delicious 4.5 stars. Incredibly aromatic, I feel I should be munching on a piece of Cajun chicken on a humid evening. And thus we drink to a fading empire.
I'll second that. Can we recover? Certainly if we survive this miasma we'll need a forward looking vision of what can be for all humanity and all of blessed creation. Screw the .o1%
The us empire won’t recover, of course. Humanity will roll on, in reduced form and impact, both of which I regard as net benefits. Based on the Club of Rome 2023 updated modelling, which I find very credible, global population and industrial production is peaking roughly now.