Serve in aHighball (max 10oz/300ml)
Stirrer (spoon, wooden lolly stick or stick cut from sugar cane)
How to make:
1. Cut lime in half (from pole to pole) and then slice one of the halves into eight 3-4mm thick half-moon shaped segments and drop into the base of a robust rocks glass and MUDDLE.
2. Add blackberries and MUDDLE some more.
3. When sure fruit juice is fully extracted and the sugar dissolved, transfer the muddled fruit and sugar into serving glass (preferably a 30cl / 10oz hi-ball glass).
4. Add agave syrup to serving glass.
5. POUR cachaça (stored in the freezer) into the rocks glass (used to muddle) and swirl to rinse glass before pouring cachaça into serving glass. STIR to ensure all ingredients are well mixed.
6. Crack (rather than crush) four to five large ice cubes and drop into serving glass. STIR before topping with more ice and serve with a stirrer (but no straws).
|1⁄2 fresh||Lime (fresh) (chopped)|
|1 fl oz||Agave syrup|
|2 fl oz||Cachaça (from freezer)|
Read about cocktail measures and measuring.
Difford’s Guide to Cocktails Book 17th Edition
Perhaps the world's biggest cocktail book! Certainly, our biggest yet, 624 pages, 6cm (2.3inch) thick and weighing 2.25kg (5lb). Our Seventeenth EditionBuy it here
The Easy Jigger® is a measure designed for use when making cocktails, primarily in the home but also by professional bartenders. It has a unique designBuy it here
Sweetening with agave nectar rather than sugar helps set this fruity Caipirinha apart and creates a drink that is very slightly sweet.
For information on the history and other variations of the Caipirinha, please see our Caipirinha cocktail page.
- 1.5 standard drinks
- 22.6% alc./vol. (45.2° proof)
- 20.3 grams of pure alcohol
Join the Discussion
... comment(s) for Blackberry Agave Caipirinha
You must log in to your account to make a comment.
You must be logged in to upvote or downvote a commentClick here to login