Join thousands of like-minded professionals and cocktail enthusiasts, receive our weekly newsletters and see pages produced by our community for fellow Discerning Drinkers.
I was going to try this in a head-to-head with a Difford's Guide recipe for the Parisian Cocktail (40ml gin, 50ml dry vermouth, 20ml cassis), but I liked the Parisian Cocktail with the cassis cut to 15ml.
That was enough cassis for me, so I never tried the Arnaud.
I made this and then because it is still hot in the south of France, added Schweppes tonic water. The traditional one has less quinine and sugar in these days and not as fizzy. My husband thinks it is an alcoholic Chinotto! Rich but with a bite and perhaps only one! Really lovely and added glass straws with berries on them. As my NY friends say, one martini, two martini, three martini - floor!
Thought the Cassis would be more dominant, sweeter (I don’t care for the sweeter spectrum of drinks). Didnt mind this, simple and easy tasting. Might benefit by switching to a Dolin Blanc instead to help bring out the floral notes.
That was enough cassis for me, so I never tried the Arnaud.