Owner: Bacardi Limited
Capacity: 2.4m cases annually (with capacity for a million more)
Visitor Policy: Visitors welcome throughout the year
Tel: +44 (0)1256 895 071
Website: View website
Address: Laverstoke Mill, London Road, Laverstoke, RG28 7NR Hampshire, England United Kingdom
Bombay Sapphire embodies the idea of a modern gin, indeed it was only launched in 1987. However, both Sapphire and Bombay Dry Gin, its mother brand, can trace their origins and recipes back to the 1760s. Originally made at what is now the Quintessential owned distillery at Loushers Lane, Warrington, since 2014 Bombay gins have been made at the Bombay Sapphire Distillery at Laverstoke Mill.
Bombay Sapphire is a very versatile gin which makes an excellent G&T as well as countless different cocktails. Follows some of our favourite recipes from Bombay Sapphire Distillery’s own in-house mixologist, Sam Carter. Go to the distillery to try one of his drinks or make for yourself by following these simple instructions.
1. Full a Copa de Balon glass with cubed ice
2. Stir ice in glass to chill the glass and reach the coldest part of the ice.
3. Strain melted ice water from glass.
4. Cut a lime in half through its equator. Then cut each half into 4 wedges. Squeeze one wedge over glass and drop wedge into glass.
5. Measure 50ml of Bombay Sapphire gin into glass.
7. Slowly pour 100ml of tonic water into glass.
8. Gently stir so as not to lose fizz from tonic - fold as if making meringue.
1. Cut a lime in half through its equator. Then cut each half into 4 wedges. Squeeze two wedges over glass and drop both into glass.
2. Measure the following into the glass:
3. Stir ingredients together.
4. Add cubed ice to fill glass.
5. Stir again.
6. Top up with ginger beer (about 100ml)
7. Fold ginger beer into drink (in a similar way to making a making meringue.
8. Garnish with slice root ginger and mint sprig.
1. Measure the following into your cocktail shaker:
2. Shake with ice.
3. Fine strain into chilled glass.
4. Top up with sparkling water.
5. Garnish with a lemon peel.