Serve in aHighball (max 10oz/300ml)
Stirrer (spoon, wooden lolly stick or stick cut from sugar cane)
How to make:
1. Cut lime in half (from pole to pole) and then slice one of the halves into eight 3-4mm thick half-moon shaped segments and drop into the base of a robust rocks glass.
2. Add 3 bar spoons caster sugar (or ½oz / 15ml sugar syrup 2:1) and MUDDLE.
3. Add pineapple and MUDDLE some more.
4. When sure fruit juice is fully extracted and the sugar dissolved, transfer the muddled fruit and sugar into serving glass (preferably a 30cl / 10oz hi-ball glass).
5. POUR cachaça (stored in the freezer) into the rocks glass (used to muddle) and swirl to rinse glass before pouring cachaça into serving glass. STIR to ensure all ingredients are well mixed.
6. Crack (rather than crush) four to five large ice cubes using an Ice Tapper and drop into serving glass. STIR before topping with more ice and serve with a stirrer (but no straws).
|1⁄2 fresh||Lime (fresh) (chopped)|
|3 spoon||White caster sugar|
|1⁄2 slice||Pineapple (fresh) (chopped)|
|2 fl oz||Novo Fogo Silver cachaça (from freezer)|
Read about cocktail measures and measuring.
Natural acids from the pineapple make this tarter in flavour than some other fruit Caipirinhas, those with a sweet tooth may want to add an extra ½ spoon of sugar.
For information on the history and other variations of the Caipirinha, please see our Caipirinha cocktail page.
There are approximately 134 calories in one serving of Pineapple Caipirinha.