Fresh curry (or mint leaf)
How to make:
SHAKE all ingredients with ice and fine strain into chilled glass.
|2 fl oz||The Busker Blended Irish Whiskey|
|1/6 fl oz||Green Chartreuse liqueur|
|2/3 fl oz||Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)|
|1/2 fl oz||Pistachio syrup|
|2 dash||Orinoco bitters|
|2 fresh||Curry leaf (optional)|
Read about cocktail measures and measuring.
Herbal Chartreuse, Irish whiskey with zesty lemon and creamy nutty pistachio.
Adapted from a recipe created in 2019 by Jillian Vose at the Dead Rabbit in New York City, USA. Jillian's original spec calls for 60ml Jameson Black Barrel Irish whiskey, 7.5ml Green Chartreuse with 22.5ml homemade pistachio syrup:
Homemade pistachio syrup
1. Cover 250 grams raw shelled pistachios with water in a clean nonreactive container and leave to soak for at least 30 minutes.
2. Strain water from pistachios and blend the pistachios while slowly adding 600ml of boiled (but not boiling) hot water.
3. Pulse blend until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency and pour into a clean non-reactive container and leave rest for 2 hours.
4. Strain the mixture using a chinois to produce pistachio milk and discard the solids.
5. Heat and stir the pistachio milk in a saucepan over medium heat with 2 cups white granulated sugar for every 1½ cup of pistachio milk. Continue to heat (do not boil) until the sugar is dissolved.
6. Allow to cool and add dashes of orange flower water to taste.
7. If not using immediately, add high-proof neutral spirit (75% alc./vol.) and store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
One serving of Lone Oak contains 202 calories.