Serve inHighball (max 10oz/300ml)
Stirrer (spoon, wooden lolly stick or stick cut from sugar cane)
How to make:
1. Cut lime in half (from pole to pole) and then slice one of the halves into eight 3-4mm thick half-moon shaped segments and drop into the base of a robust rocks glass.
2. Add 3 bar spoons powdered caster sugar (or ½oz / 15ml sugar syrup 2:1) and MUDDLE.
3. Add strawberries and basil, and MUDDLE some more.
4. When sure fruit juice is fully extracted and the sugar dissolved, transfer the muddled fruit and sugar into serving glass (preferably a 30cl / 10oz hi-ball glass).
5. POUR cachaça (stored in the freezer) into the rocks glass (used to muddle) and swirl to rinse glass before pouring cachaça into serving glass. STIR to ensure all ingredients are well mixed.
6. Using an Ice Tapper, crack (rather than crush) four to five large ice cubes and drop into serving glass. STIR before topping with more ice and serve with a stirrer (but no straws).
|1⁄2 fresh||Lime (fresh) (chopped)|
|3 spoon||Powdered sugar (ground in mortar and pestle)|
|3 fresh||Strawberries (hulled, small & ripe)|
|3 fresh||Basil leaves|
|2 fl oz||Cachaça (from freezer)|
Difford’s Guide to Cocktails Book 16th Edition
Our new Seventeenth Edition will be available from 1st December 2022 (from this website only!)Buy it here
Succulent ripe strawberries are delicious in a Caipirinha but so much better with basil.