How to make:
1. Cut lime in half (from pole to pole) and then slice one of the halves into eight 3-4mm thick half-moon shaped segments and drop into the base of a robust rocks glass.
2. Add 3 bar spoons caster sugar (or ½oz/15ml sugar syrup 2:1) and MUDDLE.
3. Add slices of banana and MUDDLE some more.
4. When sure fruit juice is fully extracted and the sugar dissolved, transfer the muddled fruit and sugar into serving glass (preferably a 30cl / 10oz hi-ball glass).
5. POUR cachaça (stored in the freezer) into the rocks glass (used to muddle) and swirl to rinse glass before pouring cachaça into serving glass. STIR to ensure all ingredients are well mixed.
6. Crack (rather than crush) four to five large ice cubes and drop into serving glass. STIR before topping with more ice and serve with a stirrer (but no straws).
Stirrer (spoon, wooden lolly stick or stick cut from sugar cane)
With an overripe banana this drink is delicious, thick and creamy. A meal in itself.