Serve in aHighball (max 10oz/300ml)
Stirrer (spoon, wooden lolly stick or stick cut from sugar cane)
How to make:
1. Cut lime in half (from pole to pole) and then slice one of the halves into eight 3-4mm thick half-moon shaped segments and drop into the base of a robust rocks glass.
2. Add 3 bar spoons caster sugar (or ½oz/15ml sugar syrup 2:1) and MUDDLE.
3. When sure fruit juice is fully extracted and the sugar dissolved, transfer the muddled fruit and sugar into serving glass (preferably a 30cl / 10oz hi-ball glass).
4 POUR cachaça (stored in the freezer), coconut liqueur and pineapple juice (also chilled) into the shaker base or glass used to muddle and swirl to rinse before pouring into serving glass. STIR to ensure all ingredients are well mixed.
5. Use an Ice Tapper to crack (rather than crush) four to five large ice cubes and drop into serving glass. STIR before topping with more ice and serve with a stirrer (but no straws).
|1⁄2 fresh||Lime (fresh) (chopped)|
|3 spoon||Powdered sugar (ground in mortar and pestle)|
|1 1/2 fl oz||Cachaça (from freezer)|
|1/2 fl oz||Coconut rum liqueur (35-40% alc./vol.)|
|3/4 fl oz||Pineapple juice (fresh pressed)|
Read about cocktail measures and measuring.
Difford’s Guide to Cocktails Book 17th Edition
Perhaps the world's biggest cocktail book! Certainly, our biggest yet, 624 pages, 6cm (2.3inch) thick and weighing 2.25kg (5lb). Our Seventeenth EditionBuy it here
The Easy Jigger® is a measure designed for use when making cocktails, primarily in the home but also by professional bartenders. It has a unique designBuy it here
In drink circles, tropical usually spells sweet. This drink has a tropical flavour but a definite adult sourness.
Created in 2003 by yours truly.
Caipirinha cocktail history and variations
- 1.4 standard drinks
- 23.09% alc./vol. (46.18° proof)
- 19.1 grams of pure alcohol
Join the Discussion
... comment(s) for Tropical Caipirinha
You must log in to your account to make a comment.
You must be logged in to upvote or downvote a commentClick here to login