Serve in aCollins glass
Mint sprigs bouquet
How to make:
1. Lightly MUDDLE mint with rum in base of glass. Use your bar spoon to raise the bruised mint up and around the inside of the glass to coat with fragrant mint oils.
2. Add lime juice and sugar.
3. Two-thirds fill glass with crushed ice and CHURN (stir) with bar spoon.
4. Fill glass with more crushed ice .
5. TOP with splash of soda and serve.
|12 fresh||Mint leaves|
|2 fl oz||Bacardi Gold Rum|
|1⁄2 fl oz||Freshly squeezed lime juice|
|1⁄2 fl oz||Giffard Sugar Cane Syrup|
|1⁄2 fl oz||Thomas Henry Soda Water|
Difford's Guide remains free-to-use thanks to the support of the brands in blue above.
When well made, this Cuban cousin of the Mint Julep is one of the world's greatest and most refreshing cocktails.
Add one or two dashes Angostura aromatic bitters, or Margarita Bitters.
For more recipes, its origins and history, see the Mojito Cocktail.