1. Porn Star Martini - the most visited cocktail on Difford's Guide for a seventh year. However, from October onwards it was the Espresso Martini that reined supreme. Perhaps a sign that 2022 was peak Porn Star.
2. Margarita - We've included page views to Tommy's and other Margaritas to bring this tequila-based classic back up to the top of our list.
3. Espresso Martini - this stimulating cocktail retains its 3rd place (up from 7th place in 2019) and its numbers have grown so much over recent months that I predict a higher position at the end of 2022.
5. Gin Basil Smash - Jörg Meyer's tasty gin-based smash holds is up from 8th place in 2020 and 2019, 19th in 2018, 16th in 2017 and 33rd in 2016.
6. French Martini - this fruity cocktail has wide appeal. Down from 4th place in 2020, up from 21st place in 2018 and 7th place in 2019.
7. Manhattan - (we've combined Perfect and Sweet serves) 34th place in 2020, 12th in 2019.
8. Negroni - this easy to make equal parts bittersweet aperitivo is consistently in the top 10 (6th in 2020, 5th in 2019 and 9th in 2018).
9. Paloma - up from 15th in 2020, 27th during 2019 and 2018, 41st place in 2017, and 56th place in 2016.
10. Cosmopolitan - up from 42nd place in 2020, 31st in 2019, 29th in 2018, and 32nd in 2017.
11. Aperol/Aperitivo Spritz - back in 2018 there were a number of Spritz cocktails competing for places on this list but this is the one that's proved enduring, although it's down from 9th place in 2020.
12. Corpse Reviver - 29th place in 2020, 21st in 2019 and 22nd in 2018. This was at 100th place back in 2016.
13. Mai Tai - commonplace on bar menus around the world. Also 13th in 2020, up from 32nd place in 2019, and 15th place in 2018.
14. Naked & Famous - This contemporary classic continues to rise in popularity, up from 33rd place in 2020, 38th place in 2019, this was a new entry at 64th in 2018 from just outside the top 100 in 2017.
15. White Lady - this vintage classic was in 5th place in 2020, 15th place in 2019, 3rd place during 2018 and 9th in 2017.
16. Baby Guinness - a new entry at 17th place in 2020.
17. Picante de la Casa - a new entry at 20th place in 2020.
18. Old-Fashioned - 39th place in 2020, 30th in 2019 and 2018, and 10th in 2017.
19. Dry Martini - there are numerous styles and ratios of Dry Martini so perhaps spreading the love and page views we've combined the page views to bring this classic into the top 20 (it was 56th in 2020).
20. Cantaritos - millions of Mexicans can't be wrong! This rustic tequila classic has been in our top 20 since 2016 (but is down from 11th in 2020). Tequila brands have been surprisingly slow to pick up on this POS opportunity.