Dust with freshly grated nutmeg and/or float 3 coffee beans
How to make:
1. Select a heat-proof glass and pre-warm by filling with very hot water and leave to stand.
2. Separately prepare cream by lightly warming and whipping or shaking (we recommend using a Aeroccino by Nespresso to whip your cream).
3. Empty the now warmed glass.
4. POUR whiskey, sugar syrup and hot coffee into warmed glass and briefly stir.
5. FLOAT heated and aerated cream over the back of a warmed spoon.
|1 fl oz||Irish whiskey|
|1/3 fl oz||Demerara / dark Muscovado sugar syrup (2 sugar to 1 water)|
|2 fl oz||Filter coffee (hot)|
|1 fl oz||Double cream / heavy cream|
Gaelic Coffee & Caife Gaelach
Like most great ideas, this one is very simple. Coffee with a whiskey kick.
Read about the story behind this warming cocktail and variations on this recipe on our encyclopedic Irish Coffee page.